Westman Communications Group is dedicated to providing you with exceptional Internet, TV and Home Phone services. We are continuously investing in our network to deploy technological enhancements that support a robust and reliable network.
1. In 2019, Westman paid out $500,000 in cash dividend payments to eligible Members who had over $900 in accumulated equity in their membership account. Over the past seven years, Westman has paid out cash dividend payments totaling $4 million. “The loyal patronage of our Members makes it possible to make these dividend payments. The support for our products and services continues to increase Members’ equity in the Cooperative and make distributions possible,” said Dave Baxter, President, and CEO of Westman Communications Group.
2. Westman was pleased to fibre-link three new communities in 2019. We were able to bring enhanced services to McCreary, Sandy Lake, and St. Lazare. With the completion of St. Lazare, we officially announced that all 34 communities we provide services to are 100 percent fibre-connected.
3. In 2019, Westman started on our new journey to fibre-connect underserved communities inWestern Manitoba, so they can benefit from our exceptional services. The first community on this new journey was Inglis, which we connected at the start of December. We will kick off 2020 by connecting Rapid City, Minto, and Oak River. Connecting communities across Manitoba to high-speed internet brings opportunity for technological growth that can positively impact community growth and education.
4. This past summer, we toured Western Manitoba on our #ConnectingWestman initiative, which took us to the grassroots of our communities. We brought the whole family with us, including WCGtv, Westman Communications Business Solutions, 94.7 STAR FM, and Q Country 91.5 FM. We hosted barbeques supporting local charities and held open houses to allow you to preview our services and ask our friendly staff questions. As a bonus, Trent B., co-host of the Q Country morning show, delivered treats to local businesses as a token of our appreciation for their employees’ hard work and contributions to their community. Our local WCGtv community programming toured the town capturing all the action. To top off the day, we held an After Five Client Appreciation Night. This allowed Westman Business and Westman Radio clients to enjoy appetizers, drinks, live entertainment, and prize giveaways. Our 2019 Tour saw us in three communities throughout Western Manitoba – Killarney, Russell, and Virden. Together, we raised over $15,000 for local charities, including the Killarney – Turtle Mountain Fire Department, Russell Airport & Flying Club, and the Virden Spray Park. Keep an eye out for the 2020 #ConnectingWestman Tour; we just might be making a stop in your community.
5. It’s important to us to keep people connected. That’s why we partnered with the Keystone Centre to put FREE Wi-Fi throughout the 540,000 square foot multi-purpose facility in Brandon for everyone to enjoy. Westman has carried this initiative across many of the communities we serve. Other community centres and arenas that can enjoy access to free Westman public Wi-Fi include Parkland Recreation Complex (Dauphin), Russell Arena (Russell), Elton Community Centre (Forrest), Riverdale Community Centre (Rivers), Gunner Arena (Shilo), Sportsplex (Brandon), Yellowhead Centre (Neepawa), Shoal Lake Communiplex (Shoal Lake), Swan River Centennial Arena (Swan River), Minnedosa Community Conference Centre (Minnedosa) and Glenboro Arena (Glenboro).
Westman is proud to continue investing in the communities we serve in 2020.
These investments include:
• New and enhanced service offerings
• Fibre connecting more communities that are either not served or underserved to offer high speed Internet and enhanced video
• Proactive node splits and plant maintenance to continue to increase Internet service reliability and speeds