Westman Business is dedicated to providing you with exceptional Internet, TV and Phone services. We are continuously investing in our network to deploy technological enhancements that support a robust and reliable network.
Westman is proud of its many accomplishments this past year and is looking forward to continued growth and advancement in 2021. Our employees are locally based, dedicated to helping our customers and are proud to volunteer in our communities.
1. In 2020, Westman’s patronage dividend allocation was $3,000,000 for the fiscal year; this included a cash distribution of $500,000 to eligible members. “The loyal patronage of our members makes it possible to give these dividend payments. The support for our products and services continues to increase members’ equity in the Cooperative and make distributions possible,” said Dave Baxter, President, and CEO of Westman Communications Group.
2. In February 2020, we increased the Internet speeds in all our packages for members across the region. This upgrade came on the heels of a significant infrastructure upgrade, which saw us move to DOCSIS 3.1 technology that is designed to enable faster speeds and increased network reliability. We understand that the need for more speed and increased reliability is always growing, and our continued goal is to be proactively ahead of that growth. We strive to provide the best Internet experience for our members on the packages they already subscribe to while also adding new packages that offer even higher speeds. Understanding these needs, we also introduced a new Internet package to our lineup, XSTREAM 300, with 300 Mbps download and 25 Mbps upload speeds.
3. Westman supported its communities during difficult economic times in 2020 by introducing the ‘90 Day Pledge to Keep You Connected’. This was our commitment to our valued residential and small business members that their services would not be disconnected if they were unable to pay their bill due to economic circumstances related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Westman also waived all late fees incurred because of these disruptions. In addition to keeping our members connected, we also increased the speeds on all Internet service packages by 20% during the 90 Day Pledge and deferred annual rate adjustments.
4. Westman continued the journey to fibre-connect underserved communities in Manitoba so that they can benefit from faster Internet speeds, as well as additional options for TV and landline phone services. This year we connected eight communities: Rapid City, Minto, Oak River, Haywood, St. Claude, Elm Creek, Wawanesa and Rathwell. We will kick off 2021 by connecting Treherne, Notre Dame de Lourdes and Austin. Connecting communities across Manitoba to high speed Internet brings technological growth opportunities that can positively impact community development and education.
5. Westman was unable to take the second annual #ConnectingWestman Tour on the road due to COVID-19 restrictions; thus, we decided to move to a digital alternative. The digital alternative was an initiative that gave members in each of our communities the opportunity to submit which charity they thought was deserving of a $500 donation. The charities that received the most submissions from each community were the winners of the $500 donation. We donated a total of $19,500 to the local communities we serve. As well, in May of 2020, Tyler Glen from Westman owned 94.7 STAR FM went LIVE on Facebook after exceeding his fundraising goal of $5,000 for the Samaritan House Food Bank. With the local community’s support, he was able to raise over $5,600 for his Ty’s Awful Haircut 2 Battle Hunger 4 Samaritan House Food Bank initiative, and he stayed true to his word by shaving his head during his Facebook LIVE stint. We were inspired by Tyler’s initiative and wanted to support his efforts and the fantastic cause by matching the funds raised and bringing the total to over $11,200!
Read full media release HERE.
Effective March 1, 2021, we will be adjusting our service rates. If you currently subscribe to any of the below services, monthly rate adjustments are as follows:
New Monthly Rate
|Non-Bulk cable SD & HD||+ $2.00|
When are rates being adjusted?
March 1, 2021.
Why are rates going up?
Westman is committed to providing you with the best services and customer experience available. As Westman continues to invest in its network infrastructure, we periodically need to adjust prices due to increases we experience in programming and other associated business costs.
When will I see this on bill?
A notice will appear on your next bill and will be reflected on your statements.
How much is my bill going up by?
Select rate adjustments can be seen above. If you are unsure what package you subscribe to, please call customer care.
Visit My Westman Portal to see an electronic copy of your statements.
Still have questions? Call Business Support at 204-717-2800 or toll free: 1-888-759-2225.