We want to provide you with the best customer experience possible! By selecting your community, we can give you accurate and up-to-date information about our services.
Your community selection will be remembered in your browser for 30 days.
To change your community after the initial selection, click the location tool in the top right corner.
What if my community isn't listed?
Please select a community for us to provide you with an optimal experience during your visit on our website.
Westman Communications Business Solutions is dedicated to providing you with exceptional Internet, TV and Voice services. We are continuously investing in our network to deploy technological enhancements that support a robust and reliable network.
Westman Communications Business Solutions is proud of its many accomplishments this past year and is looking forward to continued growth and advancement in 2023. Our employees are locally based, dedicated to helping our customers and are proud to volunteer in our communities.
1. In 2022, WCG’s patronage dividend allocation was $3,600,000 for the fiscal year; this included a cash distribution of $500,000 to eligible members. “The loyal patronage of our members makes it possible to give these dividend payments. The support of our products and services continues to increase members’ equity in the Cooperative and make distributions possible, “said Eagle (Bud) Keys, President and Chief Executive Officer.
2. Enhancing our network and member experience is a top priority. WCG has made significant investments in our network capacity this year to respond to higher bandwidth demands on our network and proactively plan for the future. In conjunction with increased network capacity, we boosted our residential Internet package speeds to help accommodate the number of connected devices in a household. Our member survey displayed a surge of connected devices in the home, almost doubling to a new average of 20, which was previously 11. We continued to roll out our My Westman Wi-Fi app features for our residential members enabling better home network control with intuitive navigation and key customizable features, including security and network management.
3. We continued our journey to fibre-connect underserved communities in Manitoba so that they can benefit from faster Internet speeds, as well as additional options for TV and landline phone services. This year we fibre connected 11 communities, including Somerset, St. Leon, Swan Lake, Pilot Mound, Crystal City, Clearwater, Holland, Cypress River, Benito, Kenville, Durban, and Sandy Lake lakefront. Later in 2022, our advanced communication services will be available in Birch River, Bowsman, Mafeking, and Onanole. We will be providing our services to over 60 communities in Manitoba, with nearly 40 of these gaining access to High-Speed Internet through WCG within the past five years.
4. As of September 2022, we moved to an entirely high-definition lineup for our video content and will roll out 4K signals for select sports channels. We recently added The News Forum and Cowboy Channel to our content lineup. We will continue to seek out additional channels we can add to our packages, further enhancing our member’s TV viewing experience.
5. Our #ConnectingWestman Tour returned after a two-year hiatus due to COVID-19 health restrictions. The last time we held the #ConnectingWestman Tour was in 2019, which is also the first year it took place. This past summer, we hosted charity barbeques that supported local initiatives selected by our communities and held open houses to allow members to preview our services and ask our friendly staff questions. Our local WCGtv Community Programming toured the towns capturing all the action and beauty of our great communities. Our Tour saw us in four communities throughout Manitoba - Minnedosa, Dauphin, Neepawa, and Roblin. Together, we raised over $13,000 for local charities, including Minnedosa & Area Food Bank, Under One Roof, Cats TNR & Rescue, and Roblin Playgrounds Revitalization Project. We look forward to continuing to support local initiatives with next year’s #ConnectingWestman Tour and Funding Program.
6. Post-secondary education programs play an important role in the Manitoba economy and support employment in the communities we serve. We announced our $150,000 donation to ACC’s newest learning space, the Centre for Creative Media, which will be paid over the next ten years. Our donation includes $50,000 in student financial awards and $100,000 towards the new facility. Part of the new facility was named on our behalf – the Westman Communications Group Shared Edit and Screening Lounge.
Effective April 1, 2023, we will be adjusting our Internet service rates. If you currently subscribe to any of the below services, monthly rate adjustments are as follows:
New Monthly Rate
|ULTIMATE 40||+ $3.00|
|ULTIMATE 60||+ $3.00|
|ULTIMATE 100||+ $3.00|
|ULTIMATE 160||+ $3.00|
|ULTIMATE 300||+ $3.00|
When are rates being adjusted?
April 1, 2023.
Why are rates going up?
Westman is committed to providing you with the best business services and customer experience available. As Westman continues to invest in its network infrastructure, we periodically need to adjust prices due to increases we experience in programming and other associated business costs.
When will I see this on my bill?
A notice will appear on your next bill and will be reflected on your statements.
How much is my bill going up by?
Select rate adjustments can be seen above. If you are unsure what package you subscribe to, please call Westman Business customer care.
Visit My Westman Portal to see an electronic copy of your statements.
Still have questions? Call Business Support at 204.717.2800 or toll-free: 1.888.759.2225.